Friday, October 23, 2015

God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

With school shootings, home invasions, terrorism, and other violent crimes on the rise, it’s no wonder fear grips the hearts of many around the world. We also face an uncertain economic future. What if the stock market crashes? What if all my investments take a nosedive? What if I lose my job? What if I get cancer? How will my family pay the medical bills?

Fear seeks to control our hearts so powerfully, it will manipulate our thinking process, the way we view situations, and even our very lives. Dwelling on the “what ifs” can eventually cause physical and mental problems.

But, I have good news for you today. Notice the opening scripture, “God has not given us the SPIRIT of fear.” It is a spirit and did NOT come from God. Fear comes from the enemy of our soul, the devil.

So, how do we deal with it? How do we overcome it? Look at the second part of verse 7, “but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

Abba Father, Daddy God, has given us all the power, love, and sound mind we require to overcome any fear that my try to attach itself to us.

“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear.” 1 John 4:18

God’s love toward us is perfect. When we learn to trust His perfect love implicitly, fear will no longer keep us bound. It will lose its power and control. Psalm 56:11 declares, “In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do to me.”

What fear has you dominated today? Give it over to a loving, caring Daddy God and watch Him begin to wash that fear away. Fear no longer has jurisdiction over you. You are a born again, blood bought child of the Most High God! 

FEAR, BE GONE IN JESUS NAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment