Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Before my husband and I began traveling in the ministry, this became one of my favorite verses. We were facing new territory and my greatest fear was making sure I heard the voice of God clearly to direct our paths. While in prayer I saw four or five footprints in front of me with the last one faded out. Immediately the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "Don't be afraid. I will direct your steps. I will show you the direction you should go when you need to know it."

Ecstatic,we knew He would be leading and guiding us all the way, I had received a great peace that day knowing He was in control. Everywhere we went, we recognized God's spirit drawing us as we obediently followed. He lovingly opened doors we never dreamed could happen.



How do we know we are walking in His will? The Bible tells us there are some prerequisites. We are to trust in the Lord, not what we understand. He will never lead us astray. Psalm 37:23 says, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord; and he delights in His way."

Ask yourself these questions today. Am I trusting God to direct me or am I walking in my own understanding of where I should go and what I'm supposed to do? Do I delight myself in the Lord and give Him first place in my life?

If you can answer honestly to the best of your ability, then you can be assured God IS directing your path. He will never lead you wrong. Yes, we make mistakes, but, thank God, our precious Lord and Savior is bigger than any mistakes we can make. He knows how to get us to the place where He needs us to go. Don't expect Him to reveal everything all at once. If He told us everything at the beginning, we would blow it by trying to make it come to pass in our own way.

Rely on Him, not your own understanding. Allow Him to lovingly lead as you follow unconditionally. Trust Him today. He will never fail you. Relax, your steps are ordered of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment