Monday, June 1, 2015

I am awestruck by the overwhelming goodness of our precious Lord Jesus. Exactly one year ago this month our first book, Adventures with Abba, came available to the public. It was a long rigorous journey, but God is faithful in bringing about His word.

Many years ago, the Lord laid on my heart to write down all these adventures He led us through and revealed to us. One Sunday evening, a guest speaker came to minister at our church. After the sermon, he proceeded to call a few people out of the congregation to prophecy over them. Unsuspectingly, he pointed directly toward me. 

"You, yes, you! The Lord wants to tell you something," he began, taking me by the hand and leading me to the front.

Instantly, I started weeping, knowing deep in my spirit God was about to reveal His word to me.

"You are a writer," he continued. "Just as God told Habakkuk in Habakkuk 2:2, you are write the vision. Make it clear so those who read it may run with it. The revelation is yet for an appointed time. You are to keep a pen and tablet by your bed. Be ready to write down all the things the Lord is showing you."

Even though I had never told anyone except my pastor, this evangelist reiterated everything God had already spoken to my heart. Adventures with Abba is the fruition of the Lord's instructions.

We serve a Faithful God. In HIS time, He brought His work into completion. Why He chose my husband and me to speak to and through, I'll never understand. We are nothing on our own. We are like a conduit, a faucet through which the living waters of the Holy Spirit can flow. No one ever praises the faucet! It's the water which brings refreshing, thirst-quenching relief to the dry, parched soul.

Be encouraged today! Whatever assignment God has given you to do, be assured He will bring it into fruition in HIS time. Never give up! Don't let Satan or anyone else sway you from your goal. Abba Father is helping you accomplish His will and His word in your life. Hold tight to His promises, and in the proper time, He will bring it to completion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment